Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Catullus, Poem 32

Gaius Valerius Catullus
84-54 BCE (over 2,000 years ago)
Trans RMBullard
Latin (Golden Age/Republican Era)


 AMABO, mea dulcis Ipsitilla,
meae deliciae, mei lepores,
[I will fall in love, my sweet Ipsitilla, my sweetheart, my sweetie charms]

iube ad te ueniam meridiatum.
[allow me to pay you a visit at noon.]

et si iusseris, illud adiuuato,
[and should you give the command, I will see to the following,]

ne quis liminis obseret tabellam,
[that nobody should steal away the tablet on the threshold,]

neu tibi lubeat foras abire,
[or find any desire to rush outside to you,]

sed domi maneas
[instead, please stay home,]

 paresque nobis
nouem continuas fututiones.
[and have ready for me nine fucking-motions, all in row.]

uerum si quid ages,
[but whatever you decide to do:]

statim iubeto:
[let it be ordered at once:]

nam pransus iaceo
[you see, I'm lying down, and've already eaten,]

et satur supinus
pertundo tunicamque palliumque.
[and on my back, my wank is now poking through my tunic, and my cloak!]